Lt TAXIS in Budleigh Salterton, Devon
Our Budleigh Salterton Taxi Service
Budleigh Salterton Taxis are part of Lt Taxis and Private Hire Services and do not only cover Budleigh Salterton and the surrounding area, they actually cover all the counties of Devon, Cornwall and Somerset as well. Budleigh Salterton Taxis can take you anywhere, from wherever you happen to be. Whether you want to go from one end of of the village to the other, or further up, down or across the County, we can take you. Budleigh Salterton Taxis offer you a reliable and value for money service. Click on the link to view our full customer charter. You can book journeys in advance or you can book with short notice. Perhaps your young son or daughter is going to a nightclub and has no transport home. You could arrange for Budleigh Salterton Taxis to collect him or her and be confident in the knowledge that his or her safety is assured. Our pledge to you, our customer, is that you can always rely on a clean and tidy taxi, with a driver who has been DBS police checked and is dependable and professional. If the service you receive from us falls short of your expectation, there is a formal complaints procedure. So if reliability and safety are important to you, and of course they are, then use Budleigh Salterton Taxis, every time!
About Budleigh Salterton
Budleigh Salterton is a small town on the south coast of Devon, and is situated within a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, lying at the mouth of the River Otter. This is a Site of Special Scientific Interest and an important haven for migratory birds.
The town lies on the South West Coast Path, between Sidmouth to the east and Exmouth to the west. This part of the coast path is on the Jurassic Coast. Just a few miles to the north at Hayes Barton is the birthplace of Sir Walter Raleigh and other notable people with links to the area are broadcasters Sue Lawley and Andrew Marr. Actor Reg Varney spent the last years of his life here and died in a nursing home in 2008.
Events in Budleigh Salterton
- Gala Week – a series of fundraising events, organised by the Lions, held during the last week in May.
- Budleigh Music Festival – the inaugural festival took place in August 2005, and is now an annual event in July.
- Budleigh Salterton Jazz Festival - held annually in April.
- Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival - held annually in September since 2009
- Active Budleigh Festival - sporting activities and events.
- Budstock - a bi-annual one-day festival featuring local bands, usually at the beginning of August.
- Sundown - an annual 3 day computer arts demoparty, held every September since 2005.
- Imperial College Operatic Society visits Budleigh Salterton for two weeks in late July / early August (every year since 1966) to perform a musical.
- Boxing day raft race down the River Otter, residents and groups make rafts and launch them down the river from Otterton to Budleigh
Where is Budleigh Salterton?
As the crow flies Budleigh Salterton lies 11.5 miles (18.5 km) south-east of Exeter. Exmouth is a little over 4 miles (7 km) to the west and Plymouth 40 miles (64 km) to the west. Bristol is 65 miles (104 km) to the north east whilst Central London is 152 miles (245 km) to the north east.
Where can our Budleigh Salterton taxis meet you?
Budleigh Salterton Taxis can meet you anywhere you choose. Along Marine Parade if you have been enjoying the coast, or at the hospital. If you have been shopping, probably High Street, Fore Street or Station Road would suit you better but don't forget we can pick you up at your home, work or holiday address.